Stand Up Against Injustice against Ghost Rider creator Gary Friedrich





As many of you may have heard, the creator of Ghost Rider has been counter-sued by Marvel. Click HERE to read more about that.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36893

They are now saying Gary can no longer claim to be the creator, cutting off his livelihood, but have also slapped him with $17,000 bill for damages to the corporate giant.

As you can see in Gary's last update (see below) he is going to appeal but in the meantime, he and his lovely wife are broke and in need of our help. I've seen the comics community come together and it's a beautiful thing when it happens. Let's do it again.

Please donate whatever you can and help Gary pay his bills. Every little bit helps. He gave me some of my fondest childhood memories. The least we can do is thank him and help. Here is a link to Steve Niles' page and Donation link.

http://www.steveniles.com/gary.html

Here is Gary's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/fgroovygary

and Gary's last post....

A NOTE TO MY FANS AND SUPPORTERS:
Since the various news agencies and websites have reported the ruling against me on my claims against Marvel in the Ghost Rider lawsuit, and the assesment of a $17,000 judgment against me and my company instead, I have read an amazing amount of comments in my support on the internet, and have received many messages of support directly. Although the reports of my employment situation and financial difficulties as well as problems with my health are unfortunately true, I want to let everyone in the comic book world, especially my supporters and fans of the Ghost Rider character which I invented, created, and wrote, that I am going to appeal the Court's ruling and continue to fight this as long as I am able and that your support of me means more than you will ever know. I have heard your voices. I thank you with alll my heart, and I appreciate your thoughts and best wishes as I soldier on.
Feel free to keep in touch with me via e-mail: fgroovygary@aol.com.

Thanks again and God bless you.

Here is a link to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.: http://cbldf.org/

Here is a link to an online protest against Marvel and Disney because of the actions taken against Gary!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/boycott-disney-and-marvel-comics/?utm_sour...

My personal input: Marvel Comics told the creator of Ghost Rider not to sell any artwork, unless officially licensed and sanctioned by Marvel, and he cannot claim that he created Ghost Rider. Marvel Comics and Disney are bullies, kicking someone when he's down. Marvel Comics and Disney are acting like spoiled, entitled thugs! Not only are the artists and writer targets under this spiteful legislation, but the next targets are cosplayers dressing as Marvel characters! Why? Have you ever entered a costume contest? Was it as a Marvel character? Did you win? Did Marvel or Disney get a cut of your winnings? Then you have a bullseye on your back too. Stand up against injustice! Boycott Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance! Boycott The Avengers! Boycott The Amazing Spider-Man! Until this is overturned, stand up against injustice!

Comments

  1. I'm the Dave in the video. First off, thank you Dennis for sharing this video with everyone. Second, and this is most important, I was excited, upset and trying to focus on the important points to make in the video. One I neglected to make was that Steve Niles, creator of 30 Days of Night, did a fantastic job, and was among the first to contact Gary, to spread the word, to help him with his donation page, and to reach out to people in the business like Neil Gaiman. It was by reading the news on his site that I found out more about all of this. Steve, thank you for all of this, and I'm sorry I didn't mention you in the video. I DID share the link for the donation page you set up in the description of the video, as well as repeated much of the information you posted. Thank you.

    Please everyone, do what you can to help. Donate to Gary Friedrich, put the word out, boycott Marvel and Disney to show them this kind of injustice will NOT be tolerated by a hypocritical company selling stories about heroes while acting villainous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Dennis Sweatt Comic Book Art! Find us on Twitter @sweattshop.

Popular Posts