Strengthen Your Comic Book Artwork



video credit: www.proko.com

Hi gang! To all my art friends, here are some basics to help you strengthen your comic book artwork.
_______________________________________________________________

How to Add Anatomy to Your Figures 


-Alright! Welcome to Proko my name is Stan Prokopenko. Last year I showed you guys everything I know about drawing the figure and now I’ll show you how to add anatomy to your figure drawings. What is a figure without anatomy anyway, right??

You could buy some of those heavy anatomy books, but really… You don’t need it. After this video you’re gonna know everything you need about anatomy.
So last time we set up the foundation of the drawing. If you don’t have this down yet, I highly recommend going back and reviewing the previous lesson.. If the foundation is weak, the house will collapse.

If you thought the last episode was hard, you have no chance with this one. You’re gonna be really confused. Ok, so let’s continue. I like to start at the top and work my way down.
  • The first muscle is the trapezius going down the length of the neck.
  • Next lets do the deltoids. Since he’s lifting his arm up, the deltoids are going to activated. So make sure to make these extra curvy.
  • Under the shoulders are the chest muscles called pectoralis major.
  • Biceps. And triceps on the bottom. Bony part at the elbow and then the forearm muscles.
  • I’m going to make this guy really lean, so I’ll give him an 8 pack! This group of muscles is called the abdominals.
  • So, right now it looks a bit too simple for my taste. I want to add some details. 3 detailed dots for the Belly button and nipples.
  • Now, just add some fun stuff down here. You will need to decide at this point if you’re drawing a boy or a girl. There is a difference.
  • Finally let’s draw his legs. The legs have very large muscles especially on an athletic body like this, so I’ll emphasize the muscularity in these lines.
  • Now draw the Knee caps
  • And the calf muscles
So, in just a few minutes I was able to draw all the muscles of the body!
Ok, now that you know everything about anatomy! Get out there and DRAW! Happy April 1st :P

Comments

Popular Posts