Batman, Batman 2, Batman 3, Batman 4

Back story: I picked up my son's sketch book so I could throw in a blue pencil doodle he could finish.
I liked the initial sketch even though the hips were too round, so I continued.
The problem was the paper in this book was as cheap as paper can get and still be called paper.
Just erasing built up a little fuzzball on my eraser.
But I was already 40 minutes into it so I decided to follow the Wally Wood school of thought and just kept going.
There were a couple of places that went south on me, but it still turned out to be a lot of fun to do.

(Does anyone know what the Wally Wood school of thought is?)
Batman

I read an interview with Gene Day (Master of Kung Fu-Marvel) and he talked about how he admired Steve Ditko.
He quoted Steve's favorite axiom and it's been stuck in my head ever since.

Batman2

"When in doubt, black it out."

(Heh, now it's stuck in yours)

Batman3

Batman4a

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Dennis Sweatt Comic Book Art! Find us on Twitter @sweattshop.

Popular Posts